We have been making for over 60 years
From the forest to the curved plywood –
Curved plywood manufacturing process
The raw material wood, comes from woods where the cut comes from registered and is always traceable, from cutting in the woods to our factory, moreover more than half of the trunks come from FSC® certified forests.
The production process starts from the trunk. The prerogative of browsing from, to 3C, one more chance for the supply of dimensionally and structurally non-standard elements.
The veneers can have thicknesses and dimensions calibrated on the experimentation of innovative stratifications.
Beech is our mother wood, but we also rob ash-maple-birch-poplar, this and more as needed.
PHASE 1 - LOG STORAGE
- The logs are stored and marked on the log yard
PHASE 2 - evaporation tanks
- The logs are placed in evaporation tanks for a few hours and then debarked and cut to size.
PHASE 3 - BROWSE
- The dough sheeter produces 5/6 cubic meters of dough per day in different sizes and thicknesses
PHASE 4 - evaporation tanks
- The automatic cutter obtains the necessary measurements and the material is labeled on the pallet.
PHASE 5 - Drying
- The raw veneer is introduced automatically into the dryer, at the exit the material reaches the reference humidity degree.
PHASE 6 - Magazine browsed
- The browsed warehouse is always monitored and a register of inputs and outputs is kept.
PHASE 7 - Preparation of the browsed
- The veneer is carefully selected by qualified personnel with years of experience, to keep the quality of the final product high.
PHASE 8 - spreading
- During the gluing phase, the veneer passes through the spreading machines. We only use adhesives with a low formaldehyde content.
STEP 9 - stamping
- The wet and dry sheets make up the bundle which is introduced into the mould. The molds can be heated with oil or radiofrequency. In our mold warehouse there is a bit of history of the furnishing accessory, ca. 1000 molds are catalogued.
STEP 10 - contouring
- 4 numerically controlled machines with 3-4 and 5 controlled axes and pendulum machining allow us to quickly manage orders. A CAD/CAM programmer prepares the machines at each start of processing.
PHASE 11 - testing
- The final phase of testing and finishing of the single piece makes use of brushing and sanding machines, however, the manual management of the piece by the operator remains essential.
PHASE 12 - finished product
- The finished product is prepared for transport and delivered as needed
How the curved plywood of 3C Colabianchi Srl is produced.
The production process of curved beech plywood begins with choosing the wood to come from controlled and FSC certified supply chains, which ensure sustainable forest management. Once the logs have been selected, they are stored and subsequently subjected to evaporation and debarking, to remove bark and excess moisture. At this point, the trunk is peeled so as to obtain a series of thin sheets, which are cut to size.
The beech sheets come next subjected to drying to further reduce humidity, so as to ensure greater dimensional stability of the finished product. Once dried, the wooden sheets are glued using glues with low formaldehyde content, which guarantee the safety of the environment and the health of workers. The next phase involves the molding of the plywood sheets, which are bent using special hot presses, to obtain the shape required by the project.
After moulding, the plywood undergoes a contouring phase, where the edges are finished and made more regular. Finally, the product undergoes rigorous testing, which guarantees its quality and resistance. Bent beech plywood is used in many sectors, such as in the furniture and design industries, where its resistance and flexibility characteristics make it a precious and versatile material.